The Physiotherapy Department provides a range of physiotherapy and exercise physiology services for patients at Lismore Base Hospital.
The Physiotherapy Department is responsible for all inpatients within our hospital, providing services to all inpatient units. Physiotherapists work with patients experiencing acute respiratory, orthopaedic, neurological, medical and surgical conditions in order to improve mobility and quality of life.
Our part-time Exercise Physiologist provides therapy for hospital inpatients by delivering clinical exercise programs, health education, and exercise, lifestyle and behaviour modification programs aimed at preventing and managing chronic diseases and injuries.
Physiotherapy is provided through outpatient clinics and outpatient appointments. Our Physiotherapy outpatient services include:
- Orthopaedic Review Clinic (Fracture Clinic) – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday afternoons
- Plaster Clinic – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Paediatric Outpatients – by appointment through Allied Health Reception. Prescription and revision of Pavlik Harnesses, Serial Casting e.g. Talipes, post-botox.
- Women’s Care Outpatients – by appointment through Allied Health Reception. Antenatal or post-partum follow-up after discharge from Lismore Base Hospital e.g. pelvic floor, diastasis of rectus abdominus and pubic symphasis
- Hand Clinic – Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, Thursday 9am to 4.30pm.
- Post-Acute Orthopaedic (joint replacement) care: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm.
- Cardiac Rehab: Monday and Friday 8am to 4.30pm. Coordinated by Exercise Physiologist and Cardiac Nurses, individualised pre- and post-assessments, group exercise and education classes for patients with acute cardiac conditions.
Hours of Service: 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday