We deliver a range of services that support women and girls to live well, healthy and fulfilling lives, at every age and stage of their life.
On this page you can also find links to other local health and community services that support women.
Women’s Health Service
The Women’s Health Service provides advice, information, prescriptions, testing and referrals related to women’s sexual and reproductive health at various locations across the local health district.
All women aged 14 years and over who hold a current Medicare card can access this service. No referral is required.
- Cervical Screening Test
- Sexually Transmitted Infection screening
- Breast examinations
- Menstrual (period) problems
- Vaginal health and contraception
- Pelvic floor muscle assessments
- Pregnancy testing, counselling and referral
- Post-natal and post termination checks
Information on sexual and reproductive health, menopause, osteoporosis, continence, relationship and lifestyle issues
There are Women’s Health Services located at:
- Tweed / Byron: Byron Bay, Pottsville, Kingscliff, Murwillumbah, Tweed Heads
- Lismore / Richmond Valley: Ballina, Bonalbo, Box Ridge, Casino, Evans Head, Kyogle, Lismore, Nimbin, Tabulam, Urbenville
- Clarence Valley: Iluka, Yamba, Maclean, Grafton
For bookings phone:
- Lismore and Richmond: (02) 6620 2967
- Grafton and Clarence Valley: (02) 6641 8200
- Tweed: (07) 5506 7540
- Byron: (02) 6639 9400
Other local women’s health services include
Breast Care Nurses available through community health centres
There are national and local organisations that provide support to women and girls for physical and mental health issues. These organisations may provide additional information and support.
Choices Reproductive and Sexual Health Service - formerly Lismore and Kyogle Family Planning Service
Family Planning NSW Talkline: 1300 364 277
National Cancer Screening Register Phone: 1800 627 701
Relationships Australia 1300 364 277