Good sexual health means making sure you have the knowledge, skills and ability to make informed sexual choices and act responsibly to protect your health and the health of others.
Many Sexually Transmitted Infections have no symptoms, and people often don’t know that they are infected. Fortunately, many Sexually Transmitted Infections can be quickly and effectively treated. Everyone who is sexually active needs to be thinking about regular sexual health check-ups with their GP or sexual health clinic.
Information on a range of Sexually Transmissible Infections is available on the NSW Health website:
- Safe Sex
- NSW Sexual Health Infolink (SHIL) or phone 1800 451 624
- Playsafe – Sexual health information for young people.
North Coast HARP provides a range of Sexual Health services to the community including:
- Information and education about sexually transmissible infections (STI’s) and safe sex
- STI Screening and treatment
- HIV testing, treatment and management
- Counselling – For STI’s, sexuality issues, HIV counselling and ongoing support
- Pop up clinics for HIV testing at various local events
- Aboriginal Sexual Health Liaison
For more information on these clinics please contact your local Sexual Health Service. All services are free and confidential. Medicare cards are not required.
Everybody takes risks. They can help us learn and grow. The Young Deadly Free Mob say that if you’ve been risky, get a sexual health check up today.
To find out more about STIs and sexual health, visit Young Deadly Free
Sexual Health Services are available at:
Lismore Sexual Health ServicePhone (02) 6620 2980
4 Shepherd Lane, Lismore, NSW 2480
Clinic Times: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Please phone to book an appointment.
Clinic 145 – Tweed HeadsPhone (07) 5506 6850
Level 1, 145 Wharf Street, Tweed Heads
Clinic Times: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Plesae phone to book an appointment.