Northern NSW LHD offers permanent part-time and full-time positions. Most graduates will be required to work a 7-day rotating roster, including morning, evening and night shifts which is dependent on the ward or unit you are allocated to. Depending on the hospital program, graduates may be offered single placements in an area or multiple rotations.
Northern NSW LHD GradStart Programs for Registered Nurses commence in February, March and May 2024. All graduates will have the opportunity to discuss their preferred rotations prior to allocation.
Registered Nurse GradStart programs are available in:
- Clarence: Grafton Base Hospital and Maclean District Hospital
- Tweed/Byron: Byron Central Hospital, Murwillumbah District Hospital and Tweed Valley Hospital
- Richmond: Ballina District Hospital, Lismore Base Hospital, Casino Memorial Hospital
- Multi-Purpose Sites (MPS): Nimbin, Kyogle and Urbenville
- Mental Health
Northern NSW LHD Registered Nurse GradStart Program
The program includes:
- Online corporate orientation
- Clinical and workplace orientation
- paid educational study days
- some sites offer clinical rotations across a wide range of specialties to support career development and future specialisation.
Our Graduate Nurses are supported to:
- harness and support the ongoing individual learning and development needs of transition to practice nurses
- foster self-directed and lifelong learning skills
- develop and maintain a professional portfolio to demonstrate attainment of clinical competencies and continuous professional development.
Support during the program:
- All graduates should be allocated a preceptor to support them throughout the first few months.
- Clinical nurse educators and a team of dedicated nursing staff who will provide clinical leadership and mentoring.
- An environment that is supportive, responsive to individual learner needs and facilitates the consolidation of knowledge, skills and attitudes of the transitional nurse.