Preparing Site Specific Assessment (SSA) or Access Request applications
Please contact the relevant LHD Research Governance Officer/s well in advance to the submission of your application. The submission of an incomplete application will delay the authorisation process.
All research to be conducted within NNSW and/or MND LHDs must also have site specific authorisation prior to commencement. As of 31 August 2017, applications for Site Specific Assessment (SSA) must be submitted using the SSA Form via the Online Forms Website. The Online Forms Website provides guidance on how to complete the application forms and details the supporting documents required for making an application.
When preparing your SSA on the online forms website – please ensure:
- All information relates to the relevant site (Facility and/or Local Health District).
- Applications need to be clear in regards to the resources relating to participation by the LHD in the project eg:
- Number in each of the participant groups (as discussed with the relevant LHD Manager)
- Task/s ie: what is the expected participation eg: complete online survey, participate in focus group etc
- Timeframe – how long is each task expected to take to complete (travel time to and from a venue should be included in the timeframes)
- When completed the SSA form must be generated and saved in PDF format from the Online Forms website
Submitting the application:
A completed SSA application to the relevant Research Governance Officer must include:
- A final SSA form (in PDF format) generated from the Online Forms website (evidenced by the submission code on the bottom right hand corner of every page)
- Completed Signatory pages ie: All investigators, supervisors (where relevant) and LHD managers as previously advised by the LHD Research Governance Officer (Investigators must not sign off as a head of department)
- All HREC correspondence
- HREC approved HREA application
- All final HREC approved documents for use in the project – with correlating footer reference in same
- All site specific adapted documents (where relevant) based on the HREC approved master document
- Research Agreements and Indemnity are acceptable in electronic format
- Curriculum Vitae (relevant to research experience and a limit of two (2) pages only) of all LHD/site investigators
- Access Request applications will also require a letter or email of support from the relevant LHD Manager.
Access Request applications
An access request review, instead of site specific assessment, should be completed for all human research projects that require support from the NNSW and/or MNC LHDs in the form of access to participants, tissue or data but do not involve the conduct of research at a NNSW and/or MNC LHD site.
Application for access request review must be submitted using the Access Request Form. The form must be completed online via the Online Forms Website. The Online Forms Website provides guidance on how to complete the form and supporting documents required for making an application.
Only one access request per Research Governance Officer is required for each research project, even if the project requires access from a number of facilities, locations or services covered by that Research Governance Officer. Access Requests will be accepted in electronic format – including scanned copies of the signature pages. Submit by email to the relevant Research Governance Officer.
- Site Specific Assessment and Access Request process flowcharts
- NC NSW HREC resources and forms
- NSW Health Office of Health and Medical Research FAQs on Access Requests
- Research Ethics and Governance contact details