- Cancer Care Unit: 7:30am-6:30pm (opening hours of day only unit; patients encouraged to have support during treatment)
- Coronary Care Unit: 2pm-8pm
- High Dependency Unit: 10am-8pm
- Intensive Care Unit: 10am-8pm
- Medical Ward 1 (Acute Medical/Step Down Cardiac): 2pm-8pm
- Medical Ward 2 (General Medical/Palliative Care): 11am-12:30pm and 2pm-8pm
- Medical Ward 3 (Combined Medical/Surgical & Renal): 10am-12noon and 2pm-8pm
- Renal Dialysis Unit: 7am-9pm
- Paediatric Ward: 10am-8pm. (One parent may stay 24hrs)
- Surgical 1 (General Surgery): 2pm-8pm and on request
- Surgical 2 (Orthopaedic Surgery): 2pm-8pm and on request
- Tweed Valley Clinic: 2pm-8pm Mon – Fri; 10am-8pm weekends
- Women’s Care Unit: 2pm-8pm (NSW Time). Partners and siblings may visit during the morning. Mothers are encouraged to rest from 12 to 2pm and phone calls are discouraged during this time.
Services We Provide
The Tweed Hospital provides a wide range of accessible healthcare services to the public. The information provided in this directory is aimed at making it easier for everyone to understand what services are available and how to access them. Select from the services listing on the right of the screen to learn more about these services, or download the Tweed Hospital Patient Information Directory.
Hours of Service
The Tweed Hospital is open 24hrs, 365 days per year
Tweed Hospital Patient Information Directory is currently under review and will be available to download soon
Powell Street, Tweed Heads, NSW 2485, Australia The Tweed Hospital is currently undergoing a range of interim improvement works to ensure the hospital can continue to meet increasing demand and deliver high quality care as we transition to the new $534 million Tweed Valley Hospital. The Tweed Hospital seeks the public’s patience and understanding during these works, which are due for completion early 2019.
PO Box 904, Tweed Heads, NSW, 2485, Australia
(07) 5536 1133 (07) 5506 7411
Acting General Manager
(07) 5506 7434
Acting Director of Medical Services
Dr Nilesh Parmar
(07) 5506 7454
Acting Director Nursing & Midwifery - The Tweed & Murwillumbah Hospitals
(07) 5506 7470
Tweed Valley Hospital Development
Work commenced late 2017 with the arrival of a modular building at the rear of Pathology, which is being transformed to provide additional overnight inpatient beds, scheduled for completion mid-2018.
The works will also see:
For information on the Tweed Valley Hospital development, please visit:
The Tweed Hospital is currently undergoing a range of interim improvement works to ensure the hospital can continue to meet increasing demand and deliver high quality care as we transition to the new $534 million Tweed Valley Hospital.
The Tweed Hospital seeks the public’s patience and understanding during these works, which are due for completion early 2019.
Location of Service
The Tweed Hospital, Powell Street, Tweed Heads NSW 2485