RESPONDING TO COVID-19
We are encouraging NSP clients to stay home to reduce your risk of COVID-19. You can call us and arrange FREE & DISCREET access to bulk equipment.
Ring 0417 062 265 Mon-Fri 8:30 to 5pm.
We are working hard to respond to your requests so please give us as much notice as possible.
Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, North Coast HIV and Related Programs (HARP) will temporarily suspend all Emergency Department (ED) Needle & Syringe Program (NSP) fit-pack distribution to reduce foot traffic and impact on EDs across the North Coast.
The following strategies for continued access to sterile equipment will be put in place:
- Harm Reduction/NSP will offer FREE bulk delivery (HARP staff assisted or via Post) to clients who request stock. A dedicated mobile number will be promoted across MNC and NNSW LHDs and all calls will be coordinated by Harm Reduction team during Monday to Friday 0830-1700 hours. A centralised stock management and support service will be established to streamline this activity across MNC and NNSW sites.
- Reduce cost of fit-packs and other supplies (water and filters) from $3 to $1 across all paid Automatic Dispensing Machines (ADM) across NNSW and MNC sites.
- NSP will continue to maintain free vending machine distribution wherever feasible.
- All staffed NSP outlets will cease face to face client engagement activities by offering staff assisted equipment supply. All staffed NSP outlets will adopt safety measures in line with the current COVID19 advice. Any client engagement and referral activities will be via phone/skype or other avenues where no physical proximity with clients is needed.
- Harm Reduction/NSP will continue to coordinate the Needle Clean Up Hotline (1800 633 353) response across MNC and NNSW communities with support from North Coast Environmental Health team.
- All distribution strategies will be closely monitored by the Harm Reduction team to make sure that all COVID 19 related concerns are addressed such as safe physical proximity.
Service Name and Location
For more information, including contact details, location, opening hours and available equipment, click on the relevant link below:
- Ballina Community Health – Needle Syringe Program
- Ballina District Hospital – Needle Syringe Program
- Bonalbo Multi-Purpose Service – Vending Machine
- Byron Bay Community Health – Needle Syringe Program
- Casino and District Memorial Hospital Needle and Syringe Program
- Casino Community Health Needle and Syringe Program
- Goonellabah Child and Family Health Care – Needle and Syringe Program
- Grafton Community Health- Needle and Syringe Program
- Iluka Community Health – Needle and Syringe Program
- Kyogle Multi-Purpose Service – Vending Machine
- Lismore – Needle Syringe Program
- Lismore Community Health- Needle and Syringe Program
- Lismore Base Hospital – Emergency Department
- Lismore Sexual Health- Needle and Syringe Program
- Maclean Community Health- Needle and Syringe Program
- Murwillumbah Community Health – Needle and Syringe Program
- Murwillumbah District Hospital – Needle and Syringe Program
- Nimbin Community Health- Needle and Syringe Program
- Tweed Heads Community Health – Needle and Syringe Program
- Urbenville Community Health – Vending Machine Only