In NNSW LHD, Women’s Health Nursing Services provided include:
- pap screening
- breast checks
- pregnancy testing and advice
- postnatal checks
- post termination checks
- diaphragm fitting
- continence assessment
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening excluding Syphilis and Blood Borne viruses.
- Information on sexual health, reproductive health, menstruation, menopause, osteoporosis, relationship and lifestyle issues and contraception is also available.
- Health education and group programs on women’s health issues are available as well as one to one consultations.
Eligibly: All women aged 14 years and over who hold a current Medicare card.
Referral: No referral required.
Women’s Health Clinics are conducted by a Women’s Health Clinical Nurse Consultant.
Lismore Community Health provides a Women’s Health Nursing Service across the Richmond Network, in the areas of:
- Evans Head
- Riverlands Detoxification Unit and Opioid Treatment Centre.
- There is an outreach service to Urbenville by a visiting Women’s Health Nurse (on a needs only basis).
Clarence Valley Community Health provides a Women’s Health Nursing Service. Women’s Health Clinics are available at:
- Iluka Community Health Centres.
- Tweed Byron Community Health also offers a Women’s Health Nursing Service. Women’s Health Clinics are available in:
- Tweed Heads
- Byron Bay Community Health Centre’s.