Preparing for Birth
Deciding on who will care for you during pregnancy and where you want to give birth is an important decision you will need to make. Here you will find some information on what options are available to you
- Pregnancy Care Options
- Midwifery Group Practice
- Your Next Birth after Caesarean Section
- Maternity Care Choices and Services for Aboriginal Families
- Pregnancy and Birth Classes
Information to help guide decision making
Shared Decision Making
It is always okay to ask questions!
BRAND is a handy memory prompt for questions you might like to ask us.
- B stands for BENEFITS – What are the benefits of each option in my situation?
- R stands for RISKS – What are the risks of each option in my situation?
- A stands for ALTERNATIVES – What alternatives might I have to what is being offered? (There are always alternatives!)
- N stands for NOTHING – What if I do nothing? Doing nothing, or ‘wait and see’ is always an option. N can also stand for NOW? – Do I need to make this decision now? Taking time to consider your options, even if only for a few minutes, might be valuable to you.
- D stands for DECISION – What is my decision?