Early Pregnancy Assessment Service (EPAS) is for women less than 20 weeks pregnant with threatened or actual early pregnancy loss or a pregnancy of unknown location…
To contact an EPAS service in Northern NSW Wales area phone:07 5506 7765The Tweed Hospital EPAS
02 6620 7426Lismore Base Hospital EPAS
Early Pregnancy Assessment Service (EPAS) is for women less than 20 weeks pregnant with:
- threatened or actual early pregnancy loss
- a pregnancy of unknown location.
EPAS provides assessment, investigation, diagnosis, management and counselling. EPAS makes a care plan with each woman, including referral, follow up care and community support information.
EPAS Clinics are available in Lismore Base Hospital and The Tweed Hospital. All NNSW LHD Emergency Departments act as Early Pregnancy Assessment Units. They will refer women on to Lismore or Tweed as required.
Self referral- Referral from a Doctor is not required.
- Women who have bleeding and/or discomfort under 20 weeks pregnant;
- Women with a non-viable or ectopic pregnancy confirmed on ultrasound scan;
- Women with pregnancy of unknown location or uncertain viability;
- Woman with gestational trophoblastic disease (molar pregnancy);
- Women who require methotrexate treatment;
- Woman who require RhD immunoglobulin (Anti D) due to early pregnancy loss or threat of miscarriage.
- Early Pregnancy: when things go wrong
- Support for parents whose baby has died before, during or soon after birth
- Information for parents about the post mortem examination of a stillborn baby