Community paediatricians are based in Lismore, Ballina and Tweed and provide services to children from disadvantaged backgrounds, child protection cases, and Indigenous children.
To contact a Community paediatricians:Grafton Base Hospital (02) 6641 8460 The Tweed Hospital (07) 5506 7212
Staff Paediatricians at Grafton Base Hospital provide outpatient specialist paediatric care in the Hospital and in Outreach Clinics.
Community Outreach services are available in the Lismore, Casino, Ballina, North and South Grafton Aboriginal Medical Services. Staff Specialist Paediatricians work in Outreach Clinics in Maclean, Yamba, Nimbin, Kyogle, Urbenville, Tabulam, Coraki, Murwillumbah and Bonalbo Community Health sites. Indigenous children are followed up in High Risk Clinics in Murwillumbah District Hospital and The Tweed Hospital.
Models of Care
- Medical model of care clinics which are integrated into local services, work within the Aboriginal Medical Services at the four sites;
- Paediatricians work within hospital and community health settings and work closely with allied health staff;
- Community Paediatricians closely liaise with the Department of Education and one Outreach Clinic is delivered through a local public school;
- One Outreach Clinic operates from the Nimbin GP surgery;
- Community Paediatricians are closely linked with the North Coast Primary Health Network.