Community Paediatric Nurse for the Murwillumbah and Tweed areas
This role coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to children, from ages 0 to 16 years.
Essentially this involves delivery of safe, appropriate, and effective care at the right time, and in the right place. Aspects of care include promoting optimum health, liaising with other health providers to meet the child and family’s needs; support and advocacy for children and their families in navigating the health care system. role involves promoting optimum health, by addressing the health care needs of children, and advocating on their behalf in relation to accessing appropriate services.
Please fax referrals form for the Community Paediatric Nurse for the Murwillumbah and Tweed areas to: Child and Family CNC, Child and Family Health, Tweed Heads on (07) 5506 7510
Examples of referrals that may be appropriate for the Community Paediatric Nurse service:
- Procedural care – such as nasogastric tube insertion and education, injections, medicine administration, Central Venous Access Device maintenance/flushes
- Discharge care – this includes Wound care and post-surgical management (for example gastrostomy care)
- Education – for example Asthma, Eczema (wet dressings)
- Palliative support and care
- Support for children with complex care needs
- Health education
This service operates Monday to Friday, from 08:00 until 16:30 hours.