Tobacco Treatment Champions
What do all of these clever women have in common?
Well……they are all terrific Tobacco Treatment Champions!!
Linda Whitehurst, Lynda Burch, Elspeth Findlay, Kerrie-Ann Lahrs, Ania Ziemske, Lyn Menchin applied for Health Promotion Tobacco Grants in 2016 and are currently doing great things regarding tobacco in their individual wards/departments and units.
Linda Whitehurst is running Helping U2 Quit tobacco treatment programs in Byron, Lynda Burch is providing education and training to staff and tobacco treatment support to clients who smoke and who attend LBH Antenatal Clinic, Elspeth is providing one on one support to clients and about to commence running support groups for clients who smoke, Kerrie Ann, Ania and Lyn are providing education to staff and comprehensive tobacco treatment support to clients who smoke.
2017 grant applications closed in March and the next round of Tobacco Treatment Champions has just been selected. The following NNSW LHD staff will receive $1500 and mentoring support to roll out a mix of tobacco treatment programs across the NNW LHD:
- Kate Armstrong – Maclean Community Health Respiratory Service
- Carl Daly – Aboriginal Health Worker, Clarence
- Dominique Matus and Gemma Hicks – Tuckeroo Mental Health Unit, BCH
- Emma Ridgeway – Chronic Care, Aboriginal people
- Ciaran Carolan – Byron Community Mental Health
- Tanya Swanton – Tweed OTP
- James Nunn – Inpatient Withdrawal Unit, Riverlands