COVID-19 SAFETY – your responsibilities
To manage COVID-19 risks we have developed COVID-19 Safe Plans for all CHEGS classes. It is important that CHEGS participants also play a role in minimising risks. Your responsibilities when attending a CHEGS class are listed below:
Practice Physical Distancing
- Make sure the instructor knows you are attending the class. This is so the number of people attending a class is not more than allowed at the venue.
- Stay at least 1.5 metres away from others before, during and after your class.
o Take particular care not to gather too closely before and after the class.
o Minimise crowding by arriving and leaving as close to your class start/finish time as possible.
o Follow instructions about maximum numbers of people who can access toilet facilities at one time or try to use toilet facilities before coming to your class.
Practice Good Hygiene
- Use hand sanitiser on class entry and exit, or after touching any surfaces/objects.
- Use good cough and sneeze etiquette. Dispose of any tissues immediately and sanitise your hands after use.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly after using toilet facilities using the soap and paper towels provided.
Do not share equipment
- Bring your own water bottle and gym towel.
- Bring your own mat, weights and exercise bands.
- Limit how much you touch surfaces or furniture etc.
Cooperate with health checks and contact tracing measures
- Complete a Pre-exercise Health Screening Form before recommencing/attending you first class
- Make an informed decision about your health and COVID-19. Discuss with your doctor the activities it is safe for you to resume and complete the CHEGS COVID-19 Risk Acknowledgement and Contact Tracing Consent Form
- Do not go to your class if you are have fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath symptoms. If you have these symptoms you should get a COVID-19 test and exclude yourself from classes for 14 days or until a negative test result is supplied. For further information: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Publications/factsheet-testing.pdf
- Provide your contact details for contact tracing purposes and download the COVIDSafe App.