Very Veggie Lasagna
This is a great way to use up all of the veggies in your fridge. Feel free to modify with what you have available and try some of our tips if you are feeling adventurous!
1 packet of lasagna sheets (dried or fresh)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 zucchini (grated)
1 carrot (grated)
1 tin of brown lentils (drained)
2 medium cloves of garlic (crushed)
1/2 red capsicum (diced)
1/4 small pumpkin (thinly sliced)
1 tin of tomatoes
2 teaspoons Italian herbs
100g cheese (grated)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sautee onion, garlic and capsicum in a non-stick fry pan for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add zucchini, carrot, lentils, tinned tomato and herbs. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. In a baking/casserole dish layer lentil mixture, slices of pumpkin and lasagna sheets.
5. Add grated cheese to the top once all ingredients have been layered.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until lasagna sheets are cooked through.
7. Serve by itself or with salad.
TIP 1: try substituting cabbage leaves instead of lasagna sheets for an added veggie hit
TIP 2: Cheese can be substituted with a simple cauliflower cream like we have done here