Savoury Bliss Balls – Cauliflower, Chickpea and Chia
Canteen = Everyday
These bliss balls are easy to make with any leftover vegies. Get the kids to help roll them, they will love getting their fingers dirty.
Serves: 20 balls
400g cauliflower (or other vegetable – roast pumpkin also tastes great!)
1 can of chickpeas (400g), drained
1/3 cup coriander, roughly chopped
1/4 of an onion, diced
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup self raising flour (or bread crumbs)
1 lemon rind, finely grated
2 tablespoons of chia seeds, additional chia seeds or sesame seeds to coat
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line baking tray with baking paper and spray with oil.
2. Process all ingredients in a food processor until mixture is smooth.
3. Place extra chia seeds or sesame seeds into a bowl.
4. Roughly shape heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls and roll in seeds to coat. Place each ball on baking tray.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Serve with a tzatziki or yoghurt dressing and salad.