Feta, Carrot and Herb Loaf
Canteen = Everyday
This savoury loaf is easy to make and tastes delicious! It is quickly becoming a family favourite.
Serves: 10-12 slices
2 cups of self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
60mL olive oil
120mL milk (cows milk or other milk of preference)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chilli (if your family likes spice)
3 medium eggs
1 large carrot (grated, moisture squeezed out)
50-80g feta (crumbled)
2 teaspoons of Italian mixed herbs (dried, or 1-2 tablespoons fresh)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Salt and pepper (season to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf tin well.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk oil, eggs, carrot and milk. Pour wet mixture through dry mix and stir.
4. Add feta, herbs and sunflower seeds and mix until well combined.
5. Spoon mixture into loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool before slicing into 10-12 slices. Serve warm or store in the freezer.
TIP: Substitute sundried tomatoes and olives for the carrot for a Mediterranean twist.