Cereal slice makes a healthy afternoon snack for the kids and is the perfect size for lunchboxes. With all ingredients mixed together in one step this recipe is so quick to make. Individual ingredients can be swapped to suit taste.
• 1 cup Dried Fruit
• 1 cup Self-raising Flour
• 1 cup Dates (or a mixture of dried fruit)
• 1 cup Oats (or any other cereal like Cornflakes)
• 125 g slithered Almonds (any nuts or other dried fruit can be used) *
• 125 g Margarine
• 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
• 1 Egg, beaten
* Note – if school or child care is nut free then substitute with another dried fruit such as Apricots or seeds such as Sunflower seeds
1. Combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
2. Line a 25cm shallow pan with baking paper. Press mixture flat in the pan.
3. Bake at 180˚C for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
4. Cool in pan and cut when cold.