This ANZAC biscuit recipe is inspired by one posted by our friends at Healthy Kids Association.
1½ cups rolled oats
½ cup wholemeal plain flour
⅓ cup sugar
1 tblsp golden syrup
1 tblsp boiling water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl mix together oats, flour and sugar.
3. Melt margarine and golden syrup together using a microwave or stovetop.
4. Combine water and bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl and then stir into golden syrup mixture.
5. Pour syrup mixture into dry ingredients and mix to combine.
6. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls (18-20) and place onto lined trays. Flatten slightly using the back of a spoon.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.