It does not matter how old you are, keeping fit and remaining active are the key to getting the most out of life!
Being active is good for your mind and body. It is also a great way to have fun and enjoy the company of other people.
Being active helps you to:
- Have more energy and less stress!
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Have strong bones, healthy muscles and joints
- Improve your balance, flexibility and posture and prevent you from having a fall
- Feel more confident and happy
- Improve concentration and memory
- Reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- Lower your blood pressure and have healthier blood cholesterol
- One of the best ways to live a long and healthy life is through regular exercise. It’s never too late to be active!
- Only 30 minutes a day is needed to keep your heart, muscles and bones working well
- Staying active is the most important thing we can do to stay fit, well and independent. Staying fit, well and independent reduces your risk of a fall.