The final stage will be the refurbishment of C block and front entry, and will include:
- New staff amenities and change rooms
- Refurbished front hospital entry
- New ambulatory care centre including community nursing, hospital in the home services and a range of specialist clinics
- New administration, library, training rooms, nursing education and auditorium
- A refurbished 6-bed coronary care unit in C Block
- A refurbished 18-bed cardiac step down co-located with the coronary care unit and echo and stress ECG services in C Block
- A new 4-bed acute delirium unit in C Block
- A refurbished 8-bed stroke unit
- A refurbished 12-bed medical ward with gymnasium and patient kitchen
“It’s exciting to embark on this final stage of works, which will cement Lismore as a modern health facility for our community and the region both now and well into the future,” Ian Hatton, General Manager Lismore Base Hospital said.
The tender for the refurbishment works was recently awarded to Hansen Yuncken.
Several health services have already begun relocating to temporary locations elsewhere in the hospital to allow building works to commence. These include the Stress ECG, pre-anaesthetic clinics and echo-cardiogram services.
Some outpatient services will temporarily relocate to alternative locations nearby the hospital in Uralba Street, including Hospital in the Home, ante-natal clinics and the High Risk Foot clinic.
“Health staff are advising clients of where to go to access these services during the redevelopment, and signage will direct people to changed locations,” Mr Hatton said.
The redevelopment works commenced with a new Emergency Department and Renal Unit which opened in late 2016, followed by the completion of the South Tower in mid-2018 which includes Women’s Care, Paediatrics, Surgical Services and inpatient units.
Pictured above: The front entry to C block to be refurbished in the final stage of redevelopments