Would you like to use your experience as a patient, carer or health consumer to improve health services?
We are seeking expressions of interest from individuals living in Northern NSW for appointment to a network of local community advisory groups at Tweed, Murwillumbah, Byron, Ballina, Lismore, Casino and Clarence as well as a new district advisory council.
The groups will provide advice, feedback and guidance to the health service a range of plans and initiatives.
What will be expected of me?
- The committees will meet 4-6 times per year.
- Contribute your opinion and share your experiences while thinking about how to improve health services for your community.
- Use your networks to gather and distribute information.
What can I expect?
- Our staff will provide support and advice.
- You will have the opportunity to be a voice for patients, carers and your community in influencing and shaping the health service.
- An opportunity to broaden your knowledge of local health services.
- Committee members will receive a small payment to cover travel and out of pocket expenses for each meeting.
How to apply
- If you are an interested patient, carer or community member, please complete the online expression of interest form by clicking here.
- For more information or if you would like assistance, please contact Gerald May, Community Engagement Manager, (02) 6624 0333 or NNSWLHD-Engagement@health.nsw.gov.au
Click here to read the Northern NSW Local Health District Community Engagement Framework.