- Coordination and participation in Spinal Outreach Service (SOS) rural clinics and follow up of recommendations and goals made during the clinic.
- Development of local service networks and referral pathways for whole of life health issues for people with a spinal cord injury.
- Assistance for people with a new spinal cord injury to transition from metropolitan spinal units back into their own communities.
- Provision of a consultancy and health promotion service. This service is available to people with a spinal cord injury, their family, clinicians and community agencies involved in day to day service provision for people with a spinal cord injury.
- People with a spinal cord injury with evidence of damage to neural tissue as a result of trauma or from a non-progressive disease process
- Age 16 years and over
- People consenting to receive services and agreeing to participate
- People with functional, psychosocial or health promotion goals
- Resident within the Northern NSW Local Health District
For more information and resources visit the State Spinal Cord Injury Service website.
Ballina District Hospital
PO Box 523, Ballina NSW 2478
Hours of operation: 8am – 4:30pm