- Coordination and participation in Spinal Outreach Service (SOS) rural clinics and follow up of recommendations and goals made during the clinic.
- Development of local service networks and referral pathways for whole of life health issues for people with a spinal cord injury.
- Assistance for people with a new spinal cord injury to transition from metropolitan spinal units back into their own communities.
- Provision of a consultancy and health promotion service. This service is available to people with a spinal cord injury, their family, clinicians and community agencies involved in day to day service provision for people with a spinal cord injury.
- People with a spinal cord injury with evidence of damage to neural tissue as a result of trauma or from a non-progressive disease process
- Age 16 years and over
- People consenting to receive services and agreeing to participate
- People with functional, psychosocial or health promotion goals
- Resident within the Northern NSW Local Health District
Ballina District Hospital
PO Box 523, Ballina NSW 2478
Hours of operation: 8am – 4:30pm