- Mr Mark Humphries (Chair)
- Dr John Moran AM
- Mr Peter Carter
- Dr Allan Tyson
- Dr Alasdair Arthur
- Ms Carolyn Byrne LL.B, GradDipLP, M.Ed, Grad Dip FET, BN.
The NNSWLHD Board is responsible for:
- Improving local patient outcomes and responding to issues that arise throughout NNSWLHD.
- Monitoring the performance of the District against performance measures in the NNSWLHD Service Agreement.
- Delivering services and performance standards within an agreed budget, based on annual strategic and operating plans. This forms the basis of the NNSWLHD Service Agreement.
- Production of Annual Reports that are subject to State financial accountability and audit frameworks.
- Maintaining effective communication with local and State stakeholders, involving providers and the community in decisions that affect them
- Ensuring effective engagement with our clinicians and staff
- Establishing and overseeing an effective governance and risk management framework for the LHD
- Ensuring high standards of professional and ethical conduct are upheld
- Setting the LHD strategic priorities
- Holding the LHD Chief Executive accountable for their performance
The Northern NSW Local Health District Board is chaired by Mr. Mark Humphries and ten Board Members who bring a wealth of experience and local knowledge to the management of our LHD.
NNSWLHD Board Members:
- Mr Michael Carter FCPA
- Dr John Griffin JP PhD MJuris MEng BE Dip EE Dip ME CPEng FIEAust FAICD
- Prof Susan Nancarrow BAppSc(Pod)(QUT), MAppSc(QUT), PhD(ANU), GAICD
- Mr Patrick Grier
- Ms Naree Hancock MBA GAICD FATEM CPMAAPM FAAPM