Depending on your individual needs, you may be best supported through our community mental health services or referred to other community-based services. Some people may need a short time in one of our mental health inpatient units.
Our inpatient units are:
- Kurrajong – adult acute mental health – in Tweed Heads
- Tallowwood – acute mental health – in Lismore
- Lilli Pili – for older people – in Lismore
- Kamala – child and adolescent unit – in Lismore
- Tuckeroo – subacute unit – in Byron Bay
You can find all the contact details and addresses at Mental Health Inpatient Units.
Do you need mental health care?
- Go to your nearest Community Mental Health Service during usual working hours – Tweed Heads, Byron Bay, Lismore, Grafton, or
- Phone the Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 or
- Go to your nearest hospital Emergency Department, or
If you have an emergency, phone triple zero (000) immediately.
The Mental Health Line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and will connect you with the right care for your individual situation, no matter where you live in NSW. It is not a telephone counselling service.
Mental Health Services Senior Personnel
General Manager Mental Health & Alcohol and Other Drugs Services – Deidre Robinson
(02) 6620 2623
Director Medical Services Mental Health & Alcohol and Other Drugs – John Wardell
(02) 6620 7587
Service Manager – Richmond/Clarence Mental Health Services – Christine McDougall
(02) 6620 2242
Service Manager – Tweed/Byron Mental Health Services – Geoffrey Norman
(07) 5506 7370
Director of Nursing – Denise Jack
(07) 6620 7587