The Children’s Ward:
The Children’s ward is a 12-bed unit providing family-centred care. Paediatricians, nursing staff and Allied Health staff work in a multidisciplinary team structure to provide holistic care. The Children’s Ward has a play area, central movie system, and parent’s kitchen equipped with a microwave and fridge.
|Location:||Level 2, The Tweed Hospital, Powell Street, Tweed Heads NSW 2485|
|Visiting Hours::||8am to 7pm for extended family and friends. One parent or carer may stay in the room with their child.|
|Contacting Us:||(07) 5506 7460|
Paediatric Acute Care Service (PACS) and Paediatric Hospital in the Home (HITH) service:
The Paediatric Acute Care Service (PACS) provides acute or post-acute treatment and clinical interventions outside the hospital environment. This care is offered in the home or an ambulatory care setting depending on the condition and needs of the child and family.
PACS can provide:
- Acute Parental/Family/Patient Education (post Ward admission or ED presentation)
- Acute wound care
- IV/PICC antibiotics at home
Community Paediatric Nurse:
- Care Navigation for children with chronic conditions or complex care needs
- Wound care
- Nasogastric tube and gastrostomy changes, care and education
- Continence assessment and support (constipation, encopresis, Nocturnal Enuresis)
- Injections and medication administration; Central Venous Access Device maintenance/flushes
- Palliative care
- Family education on: Asthma, Eczema (wet dressings), Anaphylaxis management, and seizure management.
Paediatric Outpatient Department:
Referral to the paediatric outpatient department is via your GP or your child may be referred after a stay on the paediatric ward. The service operates Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
For enquiries phone (07) 5506 7217.