The unit is staffed by specialist Paediatric Nurses and Paediatricians and works with allied health professionals who provide additional support services.
Our services include:
- Medical patients: respiratory, gastrointestinal, seizure disorders, feeding problems, meningitis/encephalitis, minor cardiac problems, endocrine disorders, metabolic disorders, skin infections/disorders, autoimmune disorders, mental health stabilisation, and eating disorders.
- Surgical patients: ENT, Orthopaedic, hernia’s and related conditions, emergency surgery, infections and abdominal surgery, trauma care, head injury, and minor burns.
The Paediatric Unit also provides the Paediatric Acute Care service (PACS) provides acute or post-acute treatment and clinical interventions outside the hospital environment, normally in the home environment.
This type of care would normally require admission to an inpatient bed in hospital or a presentation to hospital for a clinical review, but can be provided by the PACS team.
PACS provides care for:
- Chronic illness adjunct care
- Acute care clinical reviews
- Education – seizure/asthma/anaphylaxis
- Burns/wounds – wet dressings
- Growth and nutrition
|Location:||Level 11, E Block, Lismore Base Hospital, Uralba Street, Lismore, NSW 2480|
|Hours of Service:||8am to 12pm and 2pm to 7pm|
|Contacting Us:||Phone – (02) 6620 2800; fax – (02) 6620 2844|