- The Clinic is open from 8.30am-4.30pm (Mon-Thur)
Lismore Base Hospital – Pain Management ClinicThe Multidisciplinary Pain Management Clinic (MPC) is a purpose designed facility for the management of patients with acute, chronic non-malignant and cancer pain. The clinic is an outpatient referral service providing consultation, assessment, treatment and management of pain. The primary role of the MPC is to provide a comprehensive group-based pain management program focusing on functional improvement in chronic pain sufferers. These programs are offered to all members of the community, either through the Medicare system or to compensable patients. The scope of practice of the MPC is to undertake;
- multidisciplinary assessments
- provide evidenced based medical, physiotherapy and psychological treatments for patients
- evidenced based pharmacotherapy
- interventional radiological procedures
The following website link is designed to help you gain a better understanding of your pain. The site contains information to enable you to develop skills and knowledge in the self management of your pain in partnership with your healthcare providers.
Pain Management Techniques
- A referral from a medical officer is required to access this service
- All referrals must include relevant specialist reports and investigations. On receiving the referral from a medical officer a questionnaire will then be mailed to the patient to complete. Once the questionnaire has been returned, the patient will go onto a wait list for a multidisciplinary assessment. This is a comprehensive assessment which will take 5 hours.
Location of Service
Multidisciplinary Pain Management Clinic, 50 Hunter Street, Lismore Base Hospital Site, Lismore, NSW 2480