The redevelopment of Lismore Base Hospital – Stage 3a is made possible by $60.25 million from the Australian Government’s Health and Hospitals Fund and $20 million co-contribution from the NSW Government.
The Stage 3a redevelopment will deliver a contemporary facility in a mix of new and refurbished space. A new multi-storey development on the corner of Uralba and Little Uralba Streets will include:
- A new and significantly expanded Emergency department
- Emergency Medical Unit
- Emergency Care / Fast Track zone
- Expanded Medical Imaging capacity
- A new ambulance drop-off and bay
- A new renal dialysis unit
- A new Hospital Mortuary
- Future expansion space, and
- Refurbished spaces will accommodate an expanded community health unit consisting of purpose designed consult and interview rooms
- The project will also include construction of a new Pathology Unit and temporary 10 bed Maternity Dept
Want to Know More?
For questions, comments and feedback related to the project, please contact the Lismore Base Hospital Redevelopment Project Officer
The Lismore Base Hospital Redevelopment Project (Stage 3a) is a jointly funded health service infrastructure investment initiative under the Health and Hospitals Fund Program, with the Australian Government contributing $60 million and the state providing $20 million