Alcohol and Other Drug Counselling
The Northern NSW Local Health District has a range of services aimed at helping you make positive changes to your alcohol and drug use. These include:
- individual counselling support to reduce or stop your drug/alcohol use
- hospital consultation and liaison for those at risk of alcohol or drug withdrawal (available at Tweed, Ballina, Lismore, and Grafton hospitals)
- the Riverlands Inpatient Withdrawal Unit at Lismore Base Hospital – medicated withdrawal from drugs or alcohol
- the Opioid Treatment Program Methadone, Buprenorphine (including depot) and Suboxone replacement for people who have an opioid dependence
- the MERIT Program (Magistrates Early Referral Into Treatment) case management program for people with local court charges and drug use
- Drugs In Pregnancy: (DIPs) Women who are pregnant and using drugs and/or alcohol
- Community Engagement Team: (CET) Community based support service for people who are struggling to engage with accessing drug and alcohol services
- Take Home Naloxone (free) – available at most locations
Adults with alcohol or other drug related problems can access counselling and referral services through Byron Central Hospital Ambulatory Care Unit. To book an appointment, phone the intake line on (02) 6639 9128.
Our Cannabis Clinic provides specialised assessment, treatment, and support for people concerned about their own cannabis use or that of their children and family. Any person 16 years of age or over who wants to address concerns related to their cannabis use can refer themselves to the Clinic by calling the Central Intake Number 1300 664 098.
For more information about services in Northern NSW, visit Alcohol and Other Drugs.
More information is also available through our Mental Health Services (LINK).
- Referrals may come from a range of services such as hospitals, GP’s, other health professionals, welfare, child protection, legal or corrective services, or individuals aged 18 or over
Hours of Service: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, closed weekends and Public Holidays.
Location: Byron Central Hospital, 54 Ewingsdale Road, Ewingsdale, NSW 2481
Contacting Us: Phone: (02) 6639 9128; fax: (02) 6639 9410