The completion of the treatment program is likely to coincide with the hearing and/or sentencing of the outstanding court matters.
- The magistrate hearing the case will be provided with a report from the MERIT Program Team detailing the participant’s treatment outcomes.
- The report will give information on the defendants participation in drug treatment, and will make recommendations for further treatment options.
- Where possible, a detailed after-care program will be formulated to assist participants to further their drug rehabilitation.
- If possible, the Magistrate who endorsed the participants entry into the program will finalise the court case.
- If convicted of the offence/s, the magistrate will consider the MERIT report when sentencing