The Child and Family Health clinic is a free service to support families caring for children from birth to five years of age.
Child and Family Health Nurses provide regular developmental screening as well as information and support on breastfeeding, maternal and infant nutrition, introducing solids, growth and development, sleep and settling, parenting, immunisation, dental care, child safety and community services.
We also provide an Immunisation Clinic for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years. Immunisation is free of charge to infants, children, and eligible adults following NSW Health Immunisation Schedules and the guidelines provided by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
All Immunisations given to children are entered on the ACIR (Australian Childhood Immunisation Register).
- Exercise: Physiotherapy Department, Level 3, Tweed Community Health.
- Education: Tweed Community Health, Level 3 Physiotherapy Department, Florence Street (on The Tweed Hospital site), Tweed Heads NSW 2485
|Hours of Service:
- Child and Family Health Clinics held by appointment only, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 3.00pm.
- Immunisation Clinics held at Kingscliff Community Health on 1st Tuesday of each month and at Banora Point Community Centre on 3rd Tuesday of each month. 9.20am – 12.40pm. By appointment only.
- Phone: 0438 516 092 to make an appointment with the Child and Family Health Nurse.
- Phone: 07 5506 7540 Tweed Community Health
- We accept referrals from GPs, Pre-schools, self or family and carers.
- Bookings are essential. Please phone reception to make an appointment. If the nurse is not available, please leave your details and we will call you back to make an appointment.