- General office hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday and we close for lunch between 12.45pm – 1.30pm each day.
- Please note that appointments are required to be booked in advance to see a specialist Doctor/Nurse for HIV management and HIV PrEP.
- Appointment based clinics are offered Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri morning
- We ask all new clients to the service to arrive 20 minutes prior to their appointment to complete necessary registration paper work.
- If you cannot attend your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible by phoning our office so this may be offered to someone else.
- Phone messages can be left out of hours.
- A walk in and wait/drop in clinic operates Mon and Fri 2.00pm – 4.00pm and Weds 2.00pm – 5.00pm. We cannot guarantee that all clients who arrive within these hours will be seen.
- The above hours are subject to change and this may be without notice.
Lismore Sexual Health ServiceThe North Coast HIV and Related Programs (HARP) Unit provides HIV and sexual health services across the Northern NSW Local Health District. Sexual Health Services are based at Grafton, Lismore and Tweed Heads. Lismore also offers an outreach service to Byron Bay.
Lismore Sexual Health Service provides a free service with a focus on priority populations – see Access Criteria.
These services include:
- The screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections including HIV
- Specialist management of HIV
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- HIV Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Counselling and support for priority populations around STIs and HIV
- Education and capacity building for other agencies and services
This information is also available at https://www.shil.nsw.gov.au/
For young people a great website is available at https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/
Priority populations for sexual health services include:
- Aboriginal Community Members
- Gay and other men who have sex with men
- Young people 15 – 29 years of age
- Workers in the sex industry
- People with symptoms of an STI
- People who are sexual partners of someone with an STI
Appointment and Enquiries:(02) 6620 2980 (02) 6620 2985
Location of Service
- Lismore Sexual Health Service: 4 Shepherd Lane, Lismore NSW 2480
- Postal Address: PO Box 419, Lismore NSW 2480