- 8.30am – 4.30pm (Mon-Fri)
HealthOne Pottsville Child and Family Therapy TeamThe Child and Family Therapy Team (CFTT) provide therapy service to children from birth to 18 years of age who reside in the Tweed & Byron Shires. The team consists of Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Physiotherapists who work together with the child, their parents and others involved (preschool or school) to assess and treat a variety of concerns including: developmental delay; physical, sensory, communication and feeding difficulties. KidScreen is one service offered by the CFTT. It is a screening, intake and monitoring clinic only for younger children, typically from birth until they start school. Older children go on a waiting list to be seen by the relevant discipline. KidScreen runs weekly at Tweed Heads Community Health, alternates fortnightly between Mullumbimby and Byron Bay, monthly at Murwillumbah Community Health.
It is primarily for children with an identified concern who need input from two or more disciplines. General developmental checks are completed by the Child and Family Health Nurse.
- Children 0-18 who reside in the Tweed Shire
- Referrals can be made by phone, fax or letter/referral form. If contact is by phone, admin can often take sufficient details from the parents so that the child can be entered directly on to the waiting list without a clinician having to talk to the referrer.
- Intake is done by individual discipline for a direct referral but can also be done for other members of the team if it is a multi-disciplinary referral.
- For KidScreen referrals, clinicians allocate the appointment (usually within 2 months) on the schedule and Admin will contact the parents.
- For individual appointments, clinicians contact the parents directly by phone or letter when they reach the top of the waiting list.
Location of Service
HealthOne Pottsville, 10B Elizabeth Street, Pottsville 2489