Community Health Centres provide a wide range of accessible healthcare services to people of all ages including:
- Drug & Alcohol
- Counselling Services
- Child & Family Health Nursing
- School Health Nurse
- Women’s Health
- Community Nursing
- Immunisation Clinics
- Aboriginal Health
- Child & Family Allied Health
Tweed Community Health(07) 5506 7540
Banora Point Early Childhood Clinic(07) 5524 9146
*Please note. If no answer at Banora Point clinic, contact Tweed Heads Community Health.
Murwillumbah Community Health(02) 6670 9400
Byron Shire Community Health
Now covers all the local communities within Byron Shire. Contact Byron Central Hospital and ask for the community health service you wish to connect to.(02) 6639 9400
Goonellabah Child & Family Health Centre(02) 6625 0111
Child & Family Health Nursing Services
Child & Family Health Nursing Services are provided at all Community Health Centres listed above & include:
- Home visit to all families with newborn babies;
- Regular child health checks from birth to 5 years of age;
- Information & support on breastfeeding, maternal & infant feeding;
- Supporting parents to introduce solids;
- Immunisation, child safety & community services;
- Sleep & settling & parenting support;
- Helping parents to support their children’s growth & development;
- Information about & support with toddler behavior, growth & development;
- Support for families to link in with their local communities;
- Support with overall family health & wellbeing.
Aboriginal Health Workers (AHW)
Can help you find out what services are in your local area & who can support you & your family. They can also help you find out about ways to overcome other issues you may have such as lack of transport, dental, children’s health services, men’s health, chronic diseases & much more.
Ring the following numbers & ask to be connected to the AHO’s workers in the following areas.
Tweed: (07) 5506 7597 Ballina: (02) 6620 6200 Bonalbo: (02) 6665 4100 Coraki: (02) 6683 9157 Casino: (02) 6662 4444 Grafton: (02) 6640 2402 Lismore: (02) 6620 7585 Maclean: (02) 6640 0123 Muli Muli: (02) 6635 1487 Tabulam: (02) 6666 1538
Byron Central Hospital: A number of Aboriginal Health Services are provided. For information on and referral to the services provided call (02) 6639 9400
Tweed Bugalwena Service
Has many staff & Aboriginal Health Workers working in the areas of Child & Family Nurse, Child Health Worker, Youth & Adult Family Support Worker. They have various Health checks clinics, home immunisation service & also have a regular Jarjums & Family clinic running. There is Jarjums supported playgroup which is run during the NSW school terms & a Goorie Men’s Group run by the male Aboriginal Health Education Officer.
To contact any of these services:
(07) 5506 7597 and ask to speak to the particular worker you need