The three AMS within the NNSW LHD footprint are Casino AMS in the Richmond Valley, Bulgarr Ngaru AMS in the Clarence Valley and Bullinah AMS in Ballina.
The Lismore AMS will be an observer member, whilst it works towards becoming an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation.
The Aboriginal Partnership is a forum of Board Chairs and Chief Executives of the Member Organisations, which seek to improve health outcomes for Aboriginal people across the NNSW LHD.
The work of the Aboriginal Partnership will include:
- Co-operating in the identification of service gaps and the development of shared solutions.
- Developing agreed positions relating to Aboriginal health policy, strategic planning, equity in service allocation and distribution of resources and enhancements.
- Negotiating agreed positions to undertake joint projects.
- Sharing information concerning proposed activities, including intended funding applications that may impact on other members of the Partnership.
- Monitor National and State Health Reforms.
- Ensuring that Aboriginal health retains a high priority
- Promoting a partnership approach.