General Manager Mental Health & Drug and Alcohol Service and Stream Services
Richard Buss is the General Manager Mental Health & Drug and Alcohol Service and Stream Services for the NNSW Local Health District. He has been working in mental health for over 20 years as a clinician and in a managerial capacity.
Richard began his career as a Psychologist in mental health as an Adolescent Mental Health worker. He has worked in both extended care and acute care settings.
Richard represents the Rural Mental Health Directors on the Management Committee for the Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health and is a conjoint appointment with the University of Newcastle,
The role of Director Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol covers a number of key clinical interventions and services to the local communities.
Mental Health services are provided by
- A Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
- Two Adult Acute inpatient services – Tweed and Lismore
- A child and adolescent unit in Lismore
- Acute Care Services
- Extended Care Services which includes Aboriginal Mental health Services, Older persons mental health services, Youth and Family mental health services and rehabilitation services.
Drug and Alcohol services are provided in most towns across the Local Health District. These include
- Riverland’s Centre – Lismore
- Community Counselling Services
- Opioid Treatment programs
- Cannabis Clinic