NNSW LHD Clinical and Community Engagement Structures
Community Engagement Advisory Council (CEAC)
This Council has been established to provide input and advice on community engagement across Northern NSW. The Council advises the Northern NSW Local Health District (NNSWLHD) and the North Coast Primary Health Network (NCPHN) regarding community engagement and communication strategies and supports required for community representatives to more effectively engage with Health Services.
The NNSWLHD and NCPHN Boards have endorsed this model for community engagement with the aim of seeking broader and targeted community input through a range of consultation and communication strategies.
Membership of CEAC includes local government, the education sector, key stakeholders, carers and consumer and community representation.
- Chair Ms Anne O’Donoghue – Byron Bay
- Deputy Chair Ms Victoria LesQuesne – Ballina
Ngayundi Aboriginal Health Council
This Council provides a forum for members of the Bundjalung and Yaegl Nations in the Northern NSW, and for Aboriginal people from other Nations who reside in the district, to participate in and provide advice on health service planning, development, delivery, evaluation and prioritisation with a view to attaining equality of health status and life expectancy for Aboriginal communities.
- Chair Aunty Muriel Burns – Clarence Valley
The Northern NSW Aboriginal Partnership members being Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service, Bulgarr Ngaru Aboriginal Medical Service, North Coast Primary Health Network and the Northern NSW Local Health District attend and participate in Ngayundi Community Meetings and keep Ngayundi informed of the Partnership activities.
Mental Health Forum
The Mental Health Forum provides a means for Consumers, Carers and the Community to actively participate in and contribute to, the review and development of Mental Health Services (MHS). It is a way for their voices and perspectives to be brought to the decisions which are made regarding the improvement of public Mental Health Services.
The Mental Health Forum is a subcommittee of the NNSW LHD Board and consists of Consumers and Carers, as well as membership from the Community, Non-Government Organisations (NGO), the Northern NSW Local Health District Board, and the Mental Health Service.
- Chair Ms Deb Monaghan, NNSW LHD Board Member
NNSW LHD Clinical Council
The District Clinical Council provides the LHD Board and the Chief Executive advice on clinical matters affecting the NNSW LHD including:
- Improving quality and safety in the hospitals within the District
- Planning on the most efficient allocation of clinical services within the District
- Translating national best practice into local delivery of services
- Developing innovative solutions that best address the needs of the local communities
- Other related issues that the Board or Chief Executive may seek advice on from time to time.
Three Hospital Clinical Councils are in operation across the the NNSW LHD as outlined below:
- Clarence Valley Hospitals Clinical Council
- Richmond Smaller Hospitals Clinical Council
- Tweed Byron Hospitals Clinical Council.
Medical Staff Executive Council
The Medical Staff Executive Council (MSEC) is to provide advice to the Chief Executive and Board on medical matters. Membership of the MSEC is representation from NNSW LHD Medical Staff Councils.