- Open 24 hours, 7 days a week
The Tweed Hospital – Emergency DepartmentThe Emergency Department is a modern facility providing a service to approximately 42,000 people per year and is one of the busiest in NSW. This accounts for 22% of total admissions to hospital from a total of 8,500 patients per year. The unit is staffed and equipped to deal with a full spectrum of Emergency Medicine. There are strong links to other Northern NSW Local Health District hospitals and facilities on the Gold Coast and Brisbane.
- The facility provides a service to all members of the general public
- Presentations by ambulance or self presentation
- Emergency Care is care provision for urgent or life threatening conditions that cannot be managed by a local general practitioner
- Patients are seen based on the Australasian Triage Scale which prioritises clinical management. It is important to understand that accessing the ED for non-urgent care is not the best care model for primary health care needs
Location of Service
Emergency Department, The Tweed Hospital, Powell Street, Tweed Heads NSW 2485