- Visiting hours are flexible up to 10.00pm, excluding rest time which is between 12.00pm to 2.30pm
Murwillumbah District Hospital – Women’s Care UnitThe Women’s care unit is a 14 bed unit which operates 24 hours/day, 7 days a week, depending on patient acuity. Women’s care unit provides postnatal care for women who birth at Murwillumbah or Tweed Hospital. Post surgery care is provided for women having an Elective low risk LSCS or gynaecology surgery. General medical patients may also be admitted to this unit. Our team is multi disciplinary consisting of qualified midwives and nursing staff, lactation consultants, physiotherapists, ward clerk and ancillary staff. Other service providers are accessed as per patient needs. Local General Practioners and Specialist Obstetrician/Gynaecologists provide medical services.
- Admission is via scheduled surgery
- Referral to the Ward from a GP or via the Emergency Department is accepted
- Patients may be admitted to the ward via transfer from the Tweed Hospital
- Patients may be admitted to the ward via the Tweed Valley Birthing service (Mothers who do not wish to be discharged 4 hours following birth
Location of Service
Murwillumbah District Hospital Ewing Street, Second Floor, Murwillumbah, NSW 2484, Australia