- The Unit operates from 6.30am-6.00pm (Mon-Fri), excluding public holidays
Lismore Base Hospital – Perioperative UnitThe Perioperative Unit at Lismore Base Hospital currently provides pre-admission anaesthetic assessment of patients attending Lismore, Ballina and Casino Hospitals for elective surgical procedures.
All elective surgical patients (with the exception of those that need to be admitted the day before surgery for medical reasons) are prepared for surgery and radiological interventional procedures in the Perioperative Unit. This includes Paediatric cases. Day surgery cases, and interventional radiology procedures are recovered in the Perioperative Unit, and discharged. All other patients will be transferred to an appropriate ward area following their surgery.
- Referral by a specialist is required to access this service
- Multidisciplinary pre-admission clinics operate four days a week
- A nurses will contact the patient for phone assessments prior to admission
- All patients having elective surgery within the Richmond Network Surgical Service have access to this service
Location of Service
Perioperative Unit, Level 5, Lismore Base Hospital, Uralba Street, Lismore, 2480