Lismore – Needle Syringe Program
The Needle Syringe Program is a public health measure to reduce the spread of blood-borne viral infections among injecting drug users.
Drop in service open:
- Monday – Friday 9am-12.30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 2pm-4pm
- Closed public holidays
(02) 6622 2222
- Services available: free access to a range of injecting equipment, information, support, referral. 24-hour disposal at the NSP site.
- Free injecting equipment also available from:
- Lismore Sexual Health: 4 Shepherd Lane, Lismore. Open 9am-5pm Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and from 11pm-5pm on Wed (closed public holidays).
- Lismore Community Health reception: Level 1 Molesworth St,(cnr Woodlark St) Lismore. Open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (closed public holidays)
- ACON: 27 Uralba Street, Lismore. Open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (closed public holidays)
- 24 hour “Fitpack” vending machine (charges apply to use of vending machine) located at Lismore Base Hospital NSP site, 50 Hunter Street, Lismore (access via ramp at Northern end of major carpark).
- Equipment Available: 5 x 1ml pack ($3), 4 x 5ml pack ($3), 2 x wheel filters ($3), 4 x water for injection ($1) 24 hour sharps safe-disposal bin.
- Fitpacks distributed from Lismore Hospital Emergency department when NSP vending machine is out of service.
Location of Service
50 Hunter St, Lismore, 2480, Lismore NSW 2480, Australia