- Open 24 hours/7 days a week
Lismore Base Hospital – Emergency DepartmentT Emergency Department (ED) at Lismore Base Hospital is a comprehensive Level 5 Emergency department, reviewing approximately 30,000 patients annually. The Base hospital is the designated regional Trauma centre and provides specialist services in Emergency medicine. We also provide medical staff for the Local Health District retrieval service which covers from Coffs Harbour in the South to Tweed in the North. The ED reviews adults, children, women and babies. There is a roster of consultant Emergency Physicians who provide 16 hours each day on duty and 8 hours per day on call, with capacity to advise on patient management for any of the 9 smaller hospitals in our catchment areas, 24 hours per day. The ED has recently added an Emergency Medical Unit for short stay (overnight) capacity admissions to deal with those patients who are in need of longer than 4 hour stays, but deemed likely to be able to go home within 24 hours.
A new ED facility is currently in the planning and designing stages for the Lismore Base Hospital site and construction will commence in 2015. This department will also deal with acute medical and acute surgical problems, as well as trauma and all forms of adult and paediatric health issues.
- Street level access via for pedestrian and vehicle access on Uralba street. Wheel chair access from front entrance also. Ambulance entry via the Ambulance pull up zone directly off Uralba street
- Private vehicle drop off access is immediately opposite the walk in entrance to the ED with short term parking only
- The facility provides a service to all members of the general public
- Presentations by ambulance or self presentation
- Patients are seen based on the Australasian Triage Scale which prioritises clinical management
Location of Service
Emergency Department, 60 Uralba (Street Level), Lismore Base Hospital, Lismore, 2480