- The service operates from 8.00am-5.30pm (Mon-Fri) and 8.30am-12midday on Saturdays
- An out of hours and on call service is available 7 days a week
Grafton Base Hospital – PathologyThe Pathology laboratory at Grafton Hospital is a category B laboratory, performing primary level services with sample referral to secondary and tertiary level laboratories, for more complex testing.
The collection of blood, body fluids and substances is performed by the collection staff on site and primary level testing is performed on site within the laboratory. These services are provided to the hospital inpatient, outpatients and to the general practices and veterinary services throughout the Clarence Valley.
- Access to pathology testing and collection of pathology samples at the laboratory and referral to secondary and tertiary laboratories is by referral from GP or specialist
- Clients who require samples to be collected will be required to provide a referral form and attend the collection room at Grafton Hospital
- Pathology is located on the ground level and the entrance is at the rear of the hospital
Location of Service
Pathology, Ground Floor, Grafton District Hospital, Arthur Street, Grafton, 2460