Drug and Alcohol services provide treatment, information and support to individuals and families being affected by problems concerning alcohol, heroin, cannabis, amphetamines, tranquillisers and other drugs.
Specific programs are:
- Community Drug and Alcohol Counsellors located across the Northern NSW Local Health District
- Riverlands 16-bed detoxification unit in Lismore
- Pharmacotherapy clinics for the treatment of heroin dependence
- Magistrates’ Early Referral into Treatment Program (MERIT)
- Consultancy, training and support to other agencies and health professionals