- 8.30am – 5.00pm (Mon-Fri).
Goonellabah Child & Family Health Centre – Child & Family Counselling (CFCS)The Child and Family Counselling Service’s core business involves working with children 0-12 years of age and their families and carers, providing a coordinated and timely intervention that will enhance the client’s health, well-being and functioning.The Child and Family Counselling Service (CFCS) is a primary care service that operates within normal business hours. It provides both primary and specialist secondary care for children with more severe and complex psychological presentations. CFCS does not have the capacity to respond to acute mental health crisis that requires immediate mental health intervention (i.e. less than 48 hours). Where urgent services are required children and their families will be referred to the Mental Health Access Line, Acute Care services or the Emergency Department at the nearest hospital. Where appropriate these children may be referred back to the CFCS when the acute psychiatric episode has resolved. Counselling and assessment of children aged 0-12 years and their families/carers. Assistance is provided in areas including behavioural difficulties, stress, anxiety and mood related problems. Where possible the Child and Family counselling service works collaboratively with schools and pre-schools.
- Children 0-12 years
- Referrals can be received from Parent/Legal Guardian, Allied Health Staff, GP’s, Family and Community Services, Pre Schools, Day Care Centres, Schools and other community organisations
- Consent from the Parent/Legal Guardian must be provided before the child in their care can be assessed
- Referrals are prioritised on the basis of agreed clinical prioritisation levels and within these levels on risk and complexity
- The service at Evans Head Community Health is provided through North Coast Medical Local as at 1st July 2013
Location of Service
Goonellabah Child & Family Health Service, 37 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah, 2480