- 8.30am – 5.00pm (Mon-Fri).
Ballina Community Health Child & Family CounsellingThe Child and Family Counselling Service’s core business involves working with children 0-12 years of age and their families and carers, providing a coordinated and timely intervention that will enhance the client’s health, well-being and functioning.
The Child and Family Counselling Service (CFCS) is a primary care service that operates within normal business hours. It provides both primary and specialist secondary care for children with more severe and complex psychological presentations. CFCS does not have the capacity to respond to acute mental health crisis that requires immediate mental health intervention (i.e. less than 48 hours). Where urgent services are required children and their families will be referred to the Mental Health Access Line, Acute Care services or the Emergency Department at the nearest hospital. Where appropriate these children may be referred back to the CFCS when the acute psychiatric episode has resolved. Counselling and assessment of children aged 0-12 years and their families/carers. Assistance is provided in areas including behavioural difficulties, stress, anxiety and mood related problems. Where possible the Child and Family counselling service works collaboratively with schools and pre-schools.
- Service operates Mon-Thur from 8.30am-5.00pm
- Phone and speak directly with counsellor
- Potential sources for referral include: Parent/Legal Guardian,Child and Family Nurses, Intra community health team,
Medical Practitioners, Family and Community Services, Pre Schools, Day Care Centres and Schools and Other Community
- To ensure consent from the legal guardian FCS will not act upon non parent/guardian referrals until the parent/guardian makes direct contact with the CFCS. – The service at Evans Head Coraki is provided through the North Coast Medicare Local as of the 1st July 2013
Location of Service
Ballina Community Health, 50 Fox Street, Ballina NSW, 2478, Australia